For many years, DDAWNY has provided a venue for collaboration among agencies that provide services for people with developmental disabilities and their family members. Through committee networks, educational opportunities for staff, legislative action and inquiry, resource publications, and sponsorship of events for the disabled, DDAWNY has been able to provide support and assistance to our members as well as the people they serve. DDAWNY truly lives up to its mission “…to assist agencies to develop relationships, promote unified strategies and share risks for the mutual gain with and for the benefit of people with developmental disabilities”.
Benefits of a DDAWNY membership include:
Membership meetings provide an excellent opportunity for executive directors, committee chairs and other special guests to review Alliance happenings and gather information pertinent to issues currently impacting our field through presentations, guest speakers, and networking.
- DDAWNY Board Members currently represent the membership on several statewide committees to advance programming and advocate for the highest quality of services offered to people with developmental disabilities.
- Members of the DDAWNY Government Affairs Committee bring issues of concern to elected officials at the local, state and federal level.
- DDAWNY events such as DD Day, Candidate’s Hour, and other specialized training events as well as providing opportunities for members to meet and network with key stakeholders and elected officials.
The various committees and subcommittees sponsored by DDAWNY provide and excellent opportunity for member agency staff to obtain training related specifically to their field, share ideas, problem-solve, collaborate on special projects/events, and address system-wide issues specific to their field.
Current DDAWNY Committees/Subcommittees include:
- Adult Services Subcommittees: Adult Day Services, Employment, Intake and Service Coordination (includes MSC Training Commmittee), Residential, Respite, Behavior Support, Transportation, Self -Directed Services, Nursing, Habilitation
- Administrative Subcommittees: QA/QI, Compliance
- Workforce Development Subcommittees: Human Resources, Western New York Training Consortium, POMs
- Education Subcommittees: Transition, Education, Pre-K Inclusion
- Government Affairs Committee
- Public Relations Committee and Developmental Disabilities Awareness Day Event Committee
- Family Commmittee
DDAWNY is happy to accommodate requests from members for letters of support related to development of programs that provide new and/or expanding services to people with developmental disabilities – particularly those that provide opportunities for collaboration among members.
Full of information and links to our member sites, events, training opportunities, etc.
- Member Updates – Highlights upcoming member events and accomplishments, provides information on DDAWNY sponsored activities such as trainings and committee meetings, outlines legislative changes relative to the field of developmental disability services, and provides information on funding opportunities.
- DDAWNY Publications Available for Distribution –Guide to Services, Recreation and Leisure Services Directory, and the Respite Services of WNY Guide.
In addition to the benefits that typically accompany your DDAWNY membership, we are interested and available to address newly developing issues and concerns within the field. I hope that you and your staff will be able to take full advantage of the many opportunities DDAWNY has to offer.